EGS Energy Limited is a private limited company registered in England and Wales with number 6747502. The Company is managed by executive directors and overseen by non-executive directors in accordance with the Company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association. There are Audit, Remuneration and Nomination Committees.
The high quality of the directors, officers and employees of EGS Energy Limited is the Company’s greatest strength. The resourcefulness and professionalism of those directors and employees make the Company competitive and well positioned for on-going success. The Company’s directors, officers and employees are responsible for developing, approving, and implementing plans and actions designed to achieve its corporate objectives. The methods employed to attain results are as important as the results themselves.
The Company’s directors and employees are expected to observe the highest standards of integrity in the conduct of the Company’s business. The Board of Directors of the Company has adopted and oversees the administration of Corporate Policies that set out the standard of business conduct expected of those in the Company.
EGS Energy is committed to being a leading unconventional geothermal development company. To that end, the Company must strive to achieve superior financial and operating results while simultaneously adhering to high ethical standards. The following principles guide the Company’s relationships:
Shareholders – EGS Energy is committed to enhancing the long-term value of the investment by its shareholders and to aiming to deliver them superior returns. This commitment drives the management of the Company.
Customers and Partners – Whatever their status, EGS Energy’s success depends on its ability to consistently work with its customers and partners. The Company commit to be innovative and responsive, while offering quality services at competitive prices.
Employees – The exceptional quality of the Company’s employees provides a valuable competitive edge to be built on. The Company will work to hire and retain qualified people and to maximise their opportunities for success through their training and development. EGS Energy is committed to maintaining a safe work environment, with diversity and open communication, trust, and fair treatment.
Communities – EGS Energy commits to be a good corporate citizen wherever it operates. The Company will maintain high ethical standards, obey all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, and respect local and national cultures. Above all other objectives, the Company is dedicated to running safe and environmentally responsible operations.
EGS Energy aspires to be at the forefront of the development of the geothermal industry. That requires the Company’s resources – financial, operational, technological, and human – to be employed wisely and for the Company to see its business as requiring a focused, long-term approach. EGS Energy will be disciplined and selective in evaluating the range of capital investment opportunities available to it and will seek to develop proprietary technologies that provide a competitive edge.
It is the Company’s policy to conduct its business in a manner that is compatible with the balanced environmental and economic needs of the communities in which it operates. The Company is committed to continuous efforts to improve environmental performance throughout its operations. Accordingly, the Company’s policy is to:
- comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations and apply responsible standards where laws and regulations do not exist;
- encourage concern and respect for the environment, emphasise every employee’s responsibility in environmental performance, and foster appropriate operating practices and training;
- work with government and industry groups to foster development of effective environmental laws and regulations based on sound science and considering risks, costs, and benefits, including effects on energy and product supply;
- manage its business with the goal of preventing incidents and of controlling emissions and wastes to below harmful levels;
- respond quickly and effectively to any incidents resulting from its operations; and
- undertake appropriate reviews and evaluations of its operations to measure progress and compliance with this policy.
It is the Company’s policy to conduct its business in a manner that protects the safety of employees, others involved in its operations, customers, and the public. The Company will strive to prevent all accidents, injuries, and occupational illnesses through the active participation of every employee. The Company is committed to continuous efforts to identify and eliminate or manage safety risks associated with its activities. Accordingly, the Company’s policy is to:
- design and maintain facilities, establish management systems, provide training and conduct operations in a manner that safeguards people and property;
- respond quickly, effectively and with care to emergencies or accidents resulting from its operations, in co-operation with industry organisations and authorised government agencies;
- comply with all applicable laws and regulations, and apply responsible standards where laws and regulations do not exist;
- work with government agencies and others to develop responsible laws, regulations, and standards based on sound science and consideration of risk;
- conduct and support research to extend knowledge about the safety effects of its operations, and promptly apply significant findings and, as appropriate, share them with employees, contractors, government agencies, and others who might be affected;
- stress to all employees, contractors, and others working on its behalf their responsibility and accountability for safe performance whilst at work and encourage safe behaviour outside of work; and
- undertake appropriate reviews and evaluations of its operations to measure progress and to foster compliance with this policy.
Should you have any questions or wish to know more about the Governance of the Company, please do get in touch with us.